It's All About That Puffy Paint

Friday 22 January 2021

You guys had so many questions about puffy paint after my last post!  If you have never made it before, it's time to dive in!  It's sooooo much fun!

Okay, so I'm going to be very real here.  I know many of you are probably type A personalities and want to make some puffy paint.....so you need measurements and all that jazz.  I get it.  I get it.  That's typically me, too, but kindergarten has taught me that sometimes, you just need to dive right in and have some fun!  This is one of those times.  I have never measured anything for puffy paint and it always turns out! 😱 Crazy, right?!


It's very simple.  Basically, you want to mix equal parts of shaving cream and white glue.  If you feel the need to measure, go for it.  So you could do one cup of shaving cream and one cup of white glue.  I love to use puffy paint for snow, so I don't need any kind of food coloring added.  If you want to color your puffy paint, I'd recommend adding a few drops to your glue before you mix it with the shaving cream.  I think that helps with the consistency at the end.  Once you have your equal parts in the same bowl or plate together, mix lightly.  I like my snow puffy paint to stay pretty fluffy, so I don't mix it a lot.  Just go for it and I promise your end result will be amazing!


Step 1: Mix equal parts of shaving cream and white glue in a plastic bowl or container.
Step 2: If you want it colored, add a few drops of food coloring until you get the desired color. (TIP: You can also add the food coloring to the white glue BEFORE you mix with shaving cream.)
Step 3: Use your puffy paint!  Foam brushes or larger bristled brushes work best so you get all the puff!

How did your puffy paint turn out?  Share your experience with me and send me your pics!

No comments