It's Turkey Time!

Tuesday 17 November 2020
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and this is our last week before Thanksgiving break!  This is the first year we have ever gotten a full week off during the week of Thanksgiving and with the way this year is going, it is well deserved.  

This year has been a very stressful one.  I'm exhausted.  The kids are exhausted.  We all just want to get back to school and some normalcy, but it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.  I decided to keep things fun this week and send my kiddos some projects they could enjoy as we head into the holiday break.

There are LOTS of fun activities out there and I hate that all my students aren't at school with me for us to fully enjoy them.  To kick things up a notch, I chose five of my favorite craftivities to send home this week.  Here's a little more about them and where you can get them to use in your own classroom!







4. Pilgrim/Indian Hat
Here are the kids wearing their hats last year.  These are some that we have drawn and use each year, but you can find some cute ones on TPT.


5. Virtual Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
This activity is so cute and one of my favorite holiday activities each year!  I plan to do it virtually this year.  I will show the "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" original cartoon and have already sent the snacks home for them to enjoy during out live Google Meet!

It's definitely been a tough year, but I have found a way to modify all our favorite holiday activities so far.  I am doing my best to remain positive and keep things exciting for my kiddos during this pandemic.  Christmas is just around the corner, so I'm already working to create some fun, educational lessons for my class.

No comments